Back in May, on the hottest day of the year, we were very lucky to be able to host Afternoon Tea, complete with meditation from Shona Vertue, at the beautiful Detox Kitchen ...
We got our bake on with Lily Simpson from The Detox Kitchen, Serena Whitefield of gluten-free bakery Pearl & Groove & chocolatiers Doisy & Dam.
Lily hosted a 20 minute master class in Raw salted caramel millionaire shortbreads, whilst Serena demonstrated how to bake and ice the best sugar free cakes around.
Ed from Doisy & Dam gave people free rein with melting their delish chocolate and making their own batch of chocolate crispies, choosing from bowls of yummy, nutritious ingredients.
SUPERFOOD CHOCOLATE CRISPIES
By Doisy & Dam
- 120g Doisy and Dam Dark Choc of your choosing (we think our Maca bar works as a great base)
- 1 1/2 cups of puffed quinoa/buckwheat/brown rice
- 35ml melted coconut oil
Additional extras of your choosing:
- Handful Goji berries soaked in water
- Few drops Vanilla extract
- Splodge Maple Syrup or honey
- Handful Chopped dates
- Unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Cacao nibs
- Tsp Spirulina/Baobab /Maca powder
- Pinch himalayan pink salt
- Set a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (ensure the bowl isn’t touching the water). Break up the choc and pop it in the bowl along with the coconut oil, allow to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once it’s all melted together take the bowl off the heat and add in your additional extras. If adding maple/honey/vanilla make sure you taste as you add (horrible task I know) as quantities will vary depending on preference.
- Then add in your puffed grains (the can be a mixture of all 3 if you want). the quantity of grains needed will vary depending on which extras you’ve added. E.g. desiccated coconut will soak up some of the melted mixture so you’ll need less grains. What you are looking for is for everything to be nicely coated in the choc mixture so it’s glossy and delish looking. Too many grains and it they won’t stick together when set.
- Spoon in to your cupcake cases evenly to make 12
- Leave in the fridge to set
- Devour them all to yourself (or share if you must)